OpenMandriva is a Linux distribution, forked by ROSA Linux. Distribution created by OpenMandriva Association.
Origin of the distribution
OpenMandriva Lx is a community Linux distribution. Originally an offering of Mandriva Linux, the OpenMandriva product was created in May, 2013, when Mandriva S.A. avoided bankruptcy by abandoning the development of its consumer product to the Mandriva community. The first stable version (OpenMandriva Lx 2013 "Oxygen") was released in 2013.
The OpenMandriva Association was established on December 12, 2012 under 1901 French law by Mandriva company. It oversees representation of the OpenMandriva Community, a worldwide community of people who are passionate about free software and provide leadership to the creation and dissemination of free code and collaborative content. It manages free software projects including OpenMandriva Lx.
In 2013, the first version of OpenMandriva was released. It was based on Mandriva Linux 2011, which originated from the community of ROSA Lab.
Version is OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 get codename "The Scion", a bugfix release for 2014.1. It was released on 29 June 2015. In 2015, OpenMandriva released OpenMandriva Lx 2015.0, but as the system developed the whole 2015, it was renamed to Lx 3.0. Beta release of OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 has been released in 2016.
|yellow||old supported system|
|Version||Release date||End-of-Life||Kernel version|
|4.0||2018-10-01 (no link)||N/A||N/A|
- 3.03/Release Notes - Wiki en OpenMandriva
- Distribution Release: OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0
- Mandriva SA official blog: Mandriva Linux will return to the community
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 537, 9 December 2013
- OpenMandriva Lx 2014 review | LinuxBSDos.com
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 561, 2 June 2014
- «A Breath of Fresh Air with a KDE Soul» — OpenMandriva Lx 2014 is burning free! — OMA Blog
- Das U-Blog by Prashanth: Review: OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 'OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0' Review — Slow to Boot, High Memory Consumption, But Responsive & Easy to Configure
- A quick tour of OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 (Phosphorus) — Gaël Duval (À propos, news, mandrake, eelo…
- Distribution Release: OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 (DistroWatch.com News)
- The Scion is ready! — OMA Blog
- Tribute to Mandrake — OMA Blog
- OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 Officially Released as a Tribute to Mandrake Linux
- OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 «The Scion» Pays Tribute To Mandrake — Phoronix
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 584, 10 November 2014
- Category:Releases — Wiki en OpenMandriva